Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Why? Why the hassle?

I ordered a monitor online. The thing was defective. I sent it back. I had to pay an outrageous amount to ship it back in time to meet their de@dline. I called their people. Got the run around from the lady I talked to. I communicated my dissatisfaction with the day's events. Asked to talk to the manager. He gets on the horn and clears it all up. Part of what I got was a $25 credit for the company. I go to spend the credit and only spend $19 somethin'. Dude emails me and says that the extra cannot be used now. I once again have to get back with him and confront. He gives no resistance, just gives me the rest credited to my card. My questions is, "Why?" Why hassle your customers? Won't hogging a couple of dollars end up costing you your customer base." At any rate, I thought I'd include the last series of emails. It is just amazing to me.

Please respond to this email and please call me and give me the Sales Order #. This email is for $25 off your next purchase at (company name).com. Thanks, Dan

The total was for $19.48. This is to be deducted from the $25 gift discount. If you want to you could just credit my credit card for the $25, instead of for $19.48 and leaving $5.52 on a discount. But I'll take either. If you will, please reply and let me know which you would like to do. Thank you,
Charlie Kelly

Mr. Kelly, I credited your account the amount of your purchase, $19.48. The remaining $5.52 cannot be used now. Thank you sir and have a Happy New Year.
Thank you, Dan

I'm not really sure what you mean it can't be used now? I still have that much left from the credit. Do you mean that it can't just credited to my credit card without a purchase. I'm sure I will be able to use it later even it is stays a credit. Thanks, Charlie Kelly

Charles,I issued a credit for $5.52 to go back to your credit card. That makes $25.00 in full now. Thank you for shopping with (company name).com and have a great day. Dan


No comments: