Thursday, May 19, 2005

Answer to prayer

Today, the aforementioned principal called me and offered me the job. It has only to be approved by the Board of Ed., and that is usually a foregone conclusion. So unofficially, I have the job. This is a major answer to prayer. Thanks to those who have remembered to pray for the situation.

Now:

I work 3.5 miles (about 5 minutes) away, instead of over 30 minutes like for the past 4 yrs.

I get paid not quite (several thousand less than) double what I got paid last year; (unfortunately, this is of course negated by the loss a lesser income).

Insurance was going to cost almost $900 a month, now family insurance costs $180 a month.

I was going to be broke and eating mayonaise sandwiches, now I will have some spending money and be eating baloney and mayonaise sandwiches with cheese.

Tori was going to have to find some part time work to make ends meet, now she will not have to, and work only when desired (apart from our Church work).

We were going to be limited severly with our desire to purchase a different vehicle, now more possibilities exist.

Micah was going to have to spend some time at a Mother's Morning out Program a few times a week, while Tori worked at another Pre-school, now Micah gets to stay home with mommy all the time.

I was going to be deprived of XBox live at my house when we gave up DSL, now I will not only have XBox live, but now I will get wireless to accomodate the laptop that all Habersham County teachers recieve.

So as you can see, the list goes on and on. The funny thing is, this was something that we thought would happen months ago. But God had different plans. I applied here first, but the door was shut. I then applied at Banks County Middle School, a school that does not exactly rank high on my list of places to work. They had a position that fit me open, and I was relatively well liked there, but I believe God closed the mind of the principal so that he would not offer me a job. If he had, I would have been out of luck, when this great job came open.

A lady who needed to move assignments in order for there to be a position open for me, agreed to do it. Where is God's hand in that? Well, it just so happens that we went to church with this lady and her husband for a very short time at our previous church. I believe God put them in our lives for a short while then, for one, so that at this later time, he would use it to open this spot up for me.

Plus, a lady that was Tori's teammate, and now will be mine, just happened to go to college at Toccoa Falls, and worked hard to persuade the powers that be to make a place for me. It is amazing to see God work.

So why all the rigamaroll ( I was determined to use that word)? Well, I think it was a test of faith. He doesn't always make things easy, he likes to test us and purify us through trials. But he always takes care of us. And knowing that he takes care of the flowers of the field and the birds of the air, gave me confidence that He would take care of us too.

No comments: