Monday, December 19, 2005

Has David been here?



---------------
For those who don't know, the title is just a little joke about some of David's previous fits of rage.
--------------------------

I was in a hurry to go to a doctors appt. I open the door of my car and go to get in...and I see this. My first thought was that somebody had broken it. If I had left my 360 in there I would have for sure thought that. But then I realized I was a delayed victim of the ice storm. The ice had weakened a branch of the evil pine tree and it fell....and destroyed my back window.

I call a dealer...he says a new one cost over $500.
I call a different dealer...he says it costs $340.
I call the junk yard...I bought one for $100.

A place called Economy Glass and Upolstery says they can put it in for around $100. My father-in-law says we can do it for free when he come up for Christmas. Maybe I can get out of this without being out too much money.

At first I thought my insurance would cover it. I call my guy...my deductible is $500. Good thing I spend an extra $50 a month on that full coverage. :-/

No comments: