Thursday, March 01, 2007

19 Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.
--------
Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord.
----------------------------------------------------

At the risk of looking and sounding corny, I wanted to share this moment. I was just in the living room and I was listening to praise music. I was just fiddling around, but you know, when you are listening to a praise song you like, and you get into it for a minute. Well, I took a few moments from whatever I was doing and was having a moment of personal worship though the song. I look over at Micah, whose in his high chair, and I see him doing the same thing I am doing. I used my laptop to get a picture of us doing what we were doing ...Now I know he is just emulating my movements, but when I saw him doing this, it really touched me. He is watching me. How much I want for him to serve the Lord with all his heart, soul and mind. A big part of leading him to that comes from me. I pray that I will be the example of a servant, who loves God in Spirit and truth, that I must be for him. What a responsibility...what a privilege.

I want to be a man after God's own heart.
Now he duplicates my movements.....one day I pray he will duplicate what is in my heart.



1

4 comments:

Jared said...

That's pretty cool.

I also like how that one light in shining down on you in your photo.

Michael Rogers said...

what he said.

Anonymous said...

agreed.

Anonymous said...

that's awesome man. when lille was about 10 months she would be standing on the side of the stage watching all the people in the crowd and megan on stage lifting their hands during the concerts and she would lift her little hand up. it was so awesome. she had no clue what she was doing, but i pray that won't be the last time she lifts her hands in worship.