Sunday, March 06, 2005

SNES - "Know your roots"

Why? I don't really know. I mean...I didn't really need to. Splinter Cell 'Chaos Theory' is coming out this month for XBox. I am a Splinter Cell fan, and its the only game I ever hardly play. I only own three games, one (Halo 2) I just put on eBay because I never play it, two - a football game, which I keep because my father-in-law and brother-in-law like to play it with me when they visit, and three - Splinter Cell, which I play online every Friday night. So it's not like I play a whole lot, but I just got that itch....to go retro.

So I spent yesterday evening on eBay. I was searching out the old-school system I was in the mood for...Super Nintendo. True, it's not an Atari or a Nintendo, (I had both) but it hails from the time in my life when I vividly remember the games and the fun.

So I began to do my bidding. (Pun intended) The first two SNES's I bid on, I got snipped right at the last few seconds. I had already put in my max bid, so to go higher would have only been a emotional bid, not a reasonable one. But it all worked out for the best because I ended up getting one just as good, with more games, for much less cash. I had to bid on a couple of games separate. But in the end, I got a Super Nintendo, 2 controllers, and 10 games. All for only $68.57. That is a great deal. After spending the evening looking over this stuff on eBay, I feel qualified to tell you that if I put that whole batch on eBay (which I probably will eventually) I would fetch at LEAST $75 - $85. So my bargain hunting payed off. (As long as everything works ok once I get it.

The games I got were:

Paperboy II
Jurassic Park
Gradius III
Super Double Dragon
Starfox
Super Mario World
Killer Instinct
Out of This World
Street Fighter 2
Mario Kart

The games in yellow are the ones that either Tori or I were really after. The other three I will try, and if I don't like them, I'll put them back on eBay.

So anyway, hopefully in a few days I'll be riding Yoshii, swallowing shells and spitting fire, throwing Ryuken fireballs and racing Luigi. So if any of you guys come over, we can go old-school and relive those memories.
...and then play Splinter Cell.

No comments: