Monday, August 29, 2005

Vini Vidi Vici


David is remodeling his house. I drove out there and gave him a hand, and all I got was this lousy tee-shirt. ....err...photo. Just kidding.

He is pretty much replacing everything in the house...the flooring (carpet to pergo type wood), doors, door frames, baseboards, wallpaper, paint, shutters, the whole nine yards. So I was there for the demolition phase.....seeing as how I'm not as gifted with the "construction" phase. ....But I can tear things up real good.

So this picture is us standing in front off all that junk that we piled up in his driveway. His neighbors love him more and more each day. At one point, we weren't even carrying out the front door anymore, but if you had seen his house from across the street, you would have randomly seen doors flying out an upstairs window. But it was fun, and we were around so many nails and tack strips laying around, I think I might ought to get a tetnis shot just for the heck of it. There was tons of dust and mystery particles underneath that old carpet and padding. It got real stirred up and I had to go outside a few times just to remind my lungs what good air was like.

So that was all good fun, but now to the cat story. (See pictures below after the story.) After working late at the house Friday night, we headed to Joanna's parents house where we were staying. Before going to bed I noticed a giant, fuzzy, 25 lb cat. I tried to pick it up, but was unprepared for the weight of it. David picked it up. I stuck my face right in it's gi-normous tiger sized face. It was huge. With my face about 3 inches from it, I petted it and looked it in the eyes.

I go to sleep. The next morning I wake up. Take my time getting ready. Head into the livingroom. I see David crunching on some cereal in the kitchen. As I'm walking towards the kitchen, he tells me to bring the cat in there. He says the cat should be laying around in the livingroom or sunroom. I had noticed the cat sleeping in the livingroom, so I walked over to it. I start picking it up.........obviously David had fooled me with the old fake cat trick, because it was stiff as a board. I drop it, walk into the kitchen, embarrassed that he fooled with me with that one. Thats when David busted a gut laughing. That was no fake cat. Sucker was dead. Dead and stiff as a board. He had me picking up a dead cat. As you can see in the pictures below, the cat died in its sleep and was still in the sleeping position when I went to pick it up.

We buried it in the back yard in a hole that was only about 4" deep, so it was probably a short stay.

...........freaky.....

No comments: