Tuesday, May 23, 2006

A pet peeve of mine

I was trying to think of something to post, and I thought of this...

Something that really rubs me the wrong way, is when I am trying to talk to somebody, and then, in the middle of my saying something, they turn and say something to somebody else. Sometimes it is just walking away or starting to do something else. But usually it is the talking to somebody else. This doesn't happen a lot, but it does on occassion. I actually have an extended family member who does this to me sometimes. I'm not loosing sleep over it, but whenever it happens, I just stop and say, "Ok....nevermind then...." sarcastically. I guess it bothers me because I wouldn't do that to somebody else. It's pretty rude.

I guess an electonic version of this that bothers me is when I send a short email to somebody. And it's only like 2 or 3 sentences. Yet, when the person responds, it seems they only read and wish to respond to the very first sentence. This happens a good bit at work. For instance, it just happened yesterday. I email a tech guy and asked if I was going to have to turn in my new laptop at the end of the year AND if so would I possibly have to get on old one back next year even though I have a new one now?

Well, apparently, thats just too much information to handle. All I got was, "You are expected to turn in your computer."

Thanks. I suppose you want separate emails per sentence, huh?

No comments: