Saturday, November 05, 2005

FolderShare

The following was an email from my mother. I am about to get a laptop, so I may can use this.....


Don't know if you can use this, but I can. I downloaded it. It will probably cost something later, but right now it is free. It allows you to sync all your computers (files) which is something I need with as many computers as we have around here including the laptop.


* Microsoft Acquires FolderShare

This week, MS bought a cute little product called FolderShare.

With this tool, users can synch data on several computers, and check files via a browser. FolderShare is based on a website and a local component, the FolderShare Satellite. PC's that are hooked up will be automatically synchronized. Redmond will make this tool part of the new 'Live' offering. What they say on their site:

"Keep important files at your fingertips - anywhere. All file changes are automatically synchronized between linked computers, so you are always accessing the latest documents, photos, and files."

Check it out at their website:

http://www.w2knews.com/MA1GB/051107RN-FolderShare

------------------

No comments: