Thursday, July 13, 2006

Hell's Best Kept Secret




God has been talking to me lately. But what He's saying to me isn't anything new. It's an old Word, but instead of just showing it to me in the Scriptures as usual, the Holy Spirit is taking that Word and repeatedly poking me in the heart with it. It is the prompting to take the Gospel out to the world.

One thing I believe God has been using to spur on my thoughts of how best to go about this, is through the ministry of a man named Ray Comfort. He has a ministry in California called "Living Waters". (This is where Michael's post about the million dollar bill tracks came from.) He has a program called "The Way of the Master". And there is a website called "www.thewayofthemaster.com" and there are links there to "www.livingwaters.com".

I first heard Ray Comfort in the summer of '97. That summer Jared and I worked with the local director of Child Evangelism Fellowship to do Back Yard Bible Clubs in the North Georgia Area. But before we did, we went to a training at Toccoa Falls College, where they talked about evangelizing children. One of the videos we saw, I just now realize, was Ray Comfort. I kept asking for a copy of that tape, but I wasn't ever able to get one. I now know that was him.

Years later, I read a most of a book by him called, "The Golden Key of Revival". And then recently have seen his show "The Way of the Master". Ray is good at teaching others how to share their faith the right way. There is a right way. And unfortunately most of modern evangelism does not do it the effective way.

Look at this quote: Why do 80-90% of those making a decision for Christ fall away from the faith? What is the principle that Spurgeon, Wesley, Whitefield, etc., used to reach the lost? Why has the Church neglected it?

There is a correct method to bring someone to Christ. If we do it the wrong way (I won't spoil it by saying what that is yet), then we can make a convert that accepts a loving Jesus without understanding their transgression of God's law, and thus unrepentant and not truly saved...only to "backslide" later.

At the bottom of this post, I will put a link to a page where you can watch a message called "Hell's Best Kept Secret". What Ray has to say, I truly believe with all my heart is absolutely correct; and it is a MUST hear for those of us who want to share our faith with others. So if sharing Christ is of interest to you...I implore you to watch the message. I promise, it will be worth your time.

BTW - Ray is commended by John MacArthur, Ravi Zacharias, David Jeremiah and many others.

http://www.livingwaters.com/listenwatch.shtml





You may have to use Internet Explorer to watch this video. If the video doesn't work for you, then just listen to the audio version.
If you have a problem with the video, you can try saving it as a file to your desktop and playing it with RealPlayer.

No comments: