Thursday, September 14, 2006

Blog famine

You know, I remember a time when there were multiple blogs that I checked everyday. And they were almost always fresh. Those were the good ole days. I wonder sometimes why I continue to do a blog. And I think part of the reason I haven't quit (or really never started, like some), is because I do this in part just for me. I like having a journal of my life.

Now admittedly, if NO ONE ever checked this thing, I doubt I could justify continuing it. But I guess as long as I have an excuse, I will continue to blog away.

I think of it just as Michael recently said on Drivetrain, "a casual conversation with close friends." (I put that in a quote, so I hope I got that right word for word.) But thats exactly what it is. I've never broadcast my blog. As a matter of fact I keep it purposefully under wraps...not really because I'm ashamed of what I'm saying, but because it is usually personal thoughts or ideas or conversations that are meant for people who really know me....so I don't have to qualify everything I say.

(I have had 2 people however, think that I really allow Micah to beat up on Snickers...this of course is not really the case. I just humorously tell the story of his burgeoning attempts.)

I like my blog. I like keeping in contact with my friends and family through my blog. So I toast you blog; even as the blog Titanic I toast you on is sinking. I choose to go down with the ship.

Cheers.

No comments: