Wednesday, December 22, 2004

The Immortal Grey


Well...where do I begin? Let me try to summarize. Tori and I like animals. One day we decided to get 2 hampsters. The hamsters bred...possibly because there was not too much else to do except run on the wheel. They probably had about 5 litters. We would take the chitlins to the pet store and sell them or give them away. In one litter, the magical grey hamster of immortality was born. While taking that litter to the store, he escaped in the car. In the deat heat of summer, he survived 5 days in the 100 plus degree inferno heat of the car. I found him after returning from a vacation. He was dehydrated and pathetic looking, but alive. Later, Kiley Toto (my in-laws dog) and Snickers (my dog) knocked off some of the cage's tubes and ate the matriarch, patriarch and many chitlins. The magical, indestructable, immortal grey hamster was in the tube but knew not to come out. He lived. He was dropped at least twice from a high altitude. He was bitten by a dog. He saw his parents and siblings perish. Yet he lived. He emitted an aura of invincibility. If I had jumped out of a plane without a parachute, if I held him in my hands, I would somehow land on a hotair balloon and decend to safety. In the world of the mini-mammal, he was..."the one."

Below are pictures of the massacre. But this blog entry is a tribute to my hero...the magical, indestructable, immortal Grey hamster. **Which was given to the pet store so that his immortal reputation will forever remain intact and honorable.

No comments: