Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Charlie moment (2-15-05)


Well here's what happened to me today. I was at work, and I decided I needed to go make some copies in the office. The school office is right next to the church office. The church has been doing alot of remodeling lately. They've redone an entire portion of the church. One such place where they have remodeled is where this bathroom is. Look at the picture...Do you see where the closet is? That door used to be going to a bathroom.

Well, anyway, I'm wakling up to the office, and as usual I'm hoping to avoid all human contact. I experience this desire to avoid talking to school personnel, I think mostly because I'm afraid of getting in trouble for something I forgot to do, or some crazy parent is looking for me, etc. So anyway, I'm going up there, and I go up the stairwell, and into this long hallway. I wanted to stop by the bathroom. So when I get to the hallway, I see the lady who works at the church office coming down the hall towards me. Luckily for me, the bathroom was right in front of me, and she would not be able to reach me before I could dart into the bathroom. (Jared is considering me a big freak right now.) So I head to the bathroom as the lady is coming, already looking at me. I see the bathroom sign (as pictured above), and I dart into........the closet.

Ok. This lady just saw me.....dart......into a closet.

You can clearly see from the picture below, that it would normally be hard to mistake this for anything other than a closet...certainly not a bathroom. But when I went in, the light was off. So I flipped the light on, and realized what I had just gone into. So then of course, I had to pretend to laugh at myself, and then try to explain to the lady, that the room USED to be a bathroom and thats why I was going in there. She cordially laughed with me (or was it "at me?) And I went into the real bathroom. Feeling....like an idiot.

All in a day's work....all in a day's work.. Posted by Hello

No comments: