Monday, February 07, 2005

Charlie's "Stupid Action(s) of the Day"

Well, hopefully I can usually keep the stupid things I do down to just one a day. However, today was not one of those days. I have dos stupidos actionados hoy.

Stupid Action #1

Tori packs my lunch. Every day. In a brown paper bag. I take it to work. Put it in the little refrigerator at work. At lunch I get my lunch bag and go up to the lunchroom and discover whatever she's packed. And I eat it. Today, she packed my lunch in a white plastic bag. I took it to work. I put it in the little refrigerator. At lunchtime, I went to the little refrigerator. Retrieved white plastic bag. Went up to the lunchroom. On the way up I was thinking, "I sure am tired of drinking Diet Cokes. I wish Tori would pack something for me to drink." (Diet Cokes are the only drinks for sell in that little refrigerator.) I dumped out the mystery items for the day. Lo and behold, there was a fruit juice in it. I was so happy. I took the tupperware dish to the microwave. Warmed up the chicken and rice. When it was done. I got it and began digging in. While devouring the food, Coach Wallace, sitting across from me says,
"Is that chicken and rice?"

"Yes." I say.
"We had chicken and rice just like that last night
." he said.
"Oh." I say.
I keep eating. ...Then it slowly began to dawn on me. My eating slowed. Coach Wallace and I looked at each other. He started pointing at other things in front of me.
"And we have those.....and those....and those."
Those around me began to bust out laughing. Then my "friend" Mark, leans to his right to announce to the rest of the table of teachers that I had eaten Mrs. Wallace's (Coach's wife) lunch. The entire table, and my boss, who just walked up behind me, (of course), began bellowing in laughter. Then we saw Mrs. Wallace coming in, holding up my white plastic bag, and making a "Whats up with this?" gesture. Luckily she thought it funny too.

And so, today, I helped my esteemed collegues by sacrificially, and unselfishly, providing my "Charlie moment" to help make their day brighter. Go me.


----------------------------

Stupid Action #2 of the day. (shorter and stranger story)

This afternoon, I went walking down my steep driveway to my mailbox to put in a bunch of thank you notes Tori wrote from our baby shower. I put them in, retrieved our incoming mail and began walking back up the driveway. For reasons that would be difficult to explain, even if I fully understood myself, I decided to make a loud girly squeaky sound while simultaneously doing a little half skip.

About 2 seconds later, I hear, "Hey man, hows it going?" ...from my neighbor standing behind some small trees in his yard about 10 feet away.


No comments: