Sunday, March 26, 2006

Blast from the Past




Well... here it is. But then again... there it always was. This is my new truck.

It's my new truck, yet I have been riding in it since I was 8 years old. My dad bought this truck new for about $12,000 in 1988. I remember the first time we met. (The truck and I.) Dad came to pick me up from one of those camps that you dump your kids off at for a week during the summer. After he got me, we were walking back to the parking lot. I was looking for the puke brown F-150 that we had. Instead he walked me up to this blue and white steed. It was pretty awesome at the time, for an 8 year old boy. A brand new truck.

It sure beat that ugly brown one. I remember when we got it too. I went with dad to pick it up. It was used and we picked it up at some public resturaunt or something. I just remember I had to ride home in the back and there were beer cans back there.

But this new truck was nice. And I have ridden in it for the past 18 years. It's definetly part of the family. Lots of memories.

And now, the memories will continue. I was planning on getting a mustang. I got the 302 V8 part anyway. Micah's medical bills put a kink in my 'stang plans. But thats just how it goes sometimes.

In some small way...I'm glad it happened. It's no hot-rod, and maybe even, as Michael once said...it's an old-man truck. ...but you know what? It's my old-man's truck. And I'm proud to have it.

And today for the first time, Micah sat in the truck that I first sat in, when I was just 7 years older than he is. Maybe one day, he can have it too.

No comments: