Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Back in the saddle



Yesterday, for the first time in probably about 4 years, I worked out at a gym. Today, I literally have to pick up my right arm with my left, and I can't touch my nose.

I have missed working out for a long time, but regardless, I still haven't been able to do it. I tried buying a Total Gym, but that didn't last long. It's just hard to do it without a workout partner.

There is a new youth pastor at my church, Jacob, and he works out, and said he needed a workout partner. He said he had been praying for one....and so, as to most people...I am an answer to prayer. :)

But it was good. Turns out I didn't realize how nice of a gym is right down the street from me, at Piedmont College. Real nice. Besides lifting, we are supposed to do like 15 minutes of cardio after working out. So doing that 3 times a week....that should be good for me for sure.

So, only 2 more free visits, and then I've got to pay the piper and sign a one year contract to get the cheapest rate. But thats fine....I'm looking forward to getting back to working out, and feeling better.

6 comments:

Charlie said...

I switched my blog over to a beta version, and I didn't realize it would do away with my haloscan comments. I can't fix it here at work, but I'll work on it at home.

David and Joanna said...

What work out scheme are you using?

Unknown said...

so what guy did you randomly take a picture of?

Charlie said...

^ I don't know the guy's name, but he sure does freak out when you try to start taking pictures of him.

^^Not real sure....Jacob wants to work on tone...says he's not real interesting in bulking up....but I'm interested in getting my strength back...so I'll probably push for heavier weights. Right now we're on the same level, so we're not having to switch plates on and off. He seems to do 10-8-6 stuff....so thats what I like too. I actually wasn't as weak as I feared I would be. ....I'm way down of course after a 4 yr. layoff, but I was ok. But I might should have done less weight the other day, because I'm more sore than I have ever been in my life. Its like 3 days later, and I"m still sore...I took 3 advil this morning. I'm afraid to do legs...I might start falling down all the time.

David and Joanna said...

I hate legs. I refuse to work out my legs.

In fact, I also ignore my back....I can't see it anyway.

Charlie said...

I'm going to start slow on the legs. Don't want to have the problems with soreness like I've had with my arms.

You use your back muscles more than you might think.