Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Timber!

I've had a couple of trees in the backyard that were starting to cause some worry. Pine beetles are ravashing my backyard and pinetrees are dying and falling left and right. I had two big ones that were dead that were really threatening the house. One of them was very massive and only about 20-30 feet from the house. I seemed like a big axe just waiting to fall on us. I can cut some trees down myself, but this one in particular was massive and since it was close to the house, I didn't want to take the chance on something going wrong and crushing my house. So I called out an arborist, and actually got him to cut 8 dead trees down for less than the price I thought it would cost to have the one massive one cut down. As I'm paying the guy, I found out that his brother is a friend of mine in our Sunday School class. Small world. Here are some pictures.





No comments: