Wednesday, June 08, 2005

One Million Dads

One Million Dads - a project of the American Family Association

This is a program that I am a member of. <--Should that end in a preposition? <--Did I spell preposition right? <--Did I mention that I'm going to teach 1 Language Arts class next year? anyway..........

As a Christian I have a responsibility to be involved and make a positive impact, and not stand by the wayside. I don't get too wrapped up in this because I believe the world is going down the toilet and it is inevitiable..........but that doesn't mean I still don't have a responsibility to do what I can.

So, thats why I like organizations like the ACLJ (American Center for Law and Justice [Conservative equivalent to the ACLU]), American Family Association, Focus on the Family, etc....because they do the footwork of finding out what's going on, and then they present it to you in a do-able fashion.

So anyway, I would like to hardily recommend going to http://www.onemilliondads.com

...and signing up. What they do is send you an email every once in awhile, you click on the link, they tell you what the dealio is, and they show you what you can do. Usually it is filling out a pre-made :-) form that sends a letter of protest on your behalf, or to a congressman, etc. Sometimes they might give you a phone number to call. I've called once to add my name to something. You also get this cool little scorecard that keeps up with all the things you've done. (You provide this as initiative verification at the gates of Heaven.) Bottom line, ....they provide you with the ways that are necessary to really do something. And because of collective effort, they sometimes.....not all the time, but sometimes do make a difference.

So I recommend it.

If you don't do it you're not a Christian.

And you don't love Jesus.

Selah.

No comments: