Tuesday, June 07, 2005

A word from David Cox II, III & IV


The following is a guest post from David:

Ever since I was married five years ago, I have wanted children. I
love children! They are so moldable, innocent, honest, and hilarious. To
think of a little David or a beautiful baby girl has always brought a smile
to my face. I would teach my son to be a warrior. Ready to protect and love
his family and ready to fight for Jesus. I would teach him to stand up
tall when others back away. I would teach him that he is valuable and he
must learn to value. I would love my daughter with an unconditional love.
A love that she would count on to hold her close and protect her. A love
that would give her confidence and strength. Her beauty would not be missed
in my house! Her worth would be priceless...and she would know it.
In my mind, this is the easy part. The hard part is physically, or more
specifically, financially supporting a family. Joanna and I have
always held off on starting a family until we could "afford" it. We must save
for a baby. We must have a good "nest egg". Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah.
Needless to say, we decided that a little hard and tight times would be worth
having a little prophet around. And then there was David Elijah Cox. We
planned this little warrior. In Jan. of 2004 we started trying to get pregnant
and in March Joanna missed her "time". November 11, 2004 my son was born
into this world and I cried. WOW! Amazing! And I love it. He is now
scooting all over the house and his baby food and formula powder never runs out.
Rain?!? What is rain?

Our family has started according to plan. We've talked about waiting
one to two years to start trying again. I want our children to be close
together. But we must be "ready".

Well, ladies and gentlemen, ready or not, here comes the next child in
the Cox house. We found out Joanna is pregnant again. Definite suprise.
It is due on or around Jan. 16. Our first ultrasound is next Monday. I
can't wait to have two kids in diapers. Two car seats. Two children wanting
their daddy.

Side note: When this child is born, Joanna would have spent 18 out of
the last 24 months pregnant. You go girl!

No comments: