Saturday, June 17, 2006

Red Barron's Buddy



I have a very nice local airport in town. Reminds me alot of Berry Hill Airport where I lived growing up. It has your typical elements: airport dog, old guy that seems to just live there, etc. My local guy's name is Jim. His counter-part's name at Berry Hill was named (it was pronounced anyway) Ma Perkins. But it was an old man. I guess that wasn't his real name, but thats how I always heard it. ...anyway, I'm getting side-tracked...

Dad really likes my local airport, and I introduced him to Jim, and the rest is history. He likes to go over there and be the caretaker of all the old and new airplanes. He loves to just hang out and piddle in the hanger. Jim gives him some free flight time for his work.

So these pictures are of the kit plane dad few to Hiawassee and back, and pictures of the new construction on McConnell Memorial Baptist where they (and I used to) go to church.

The kit plane is one of those experimental plane you don't even have to have a regular license to fly. But I've looked in it and it looks like a conventional plane to me. I think it's the weight that makes it the class it is. But dad has flew in several of the planes stationed at the airport; a taildragger, 150, this kitplane, and I think a couple others.

(BTW - My dad's nickname is "Buddy" - hense the title.)
(Also, remember you can click the pictures to see a larger version.)

No comments: