Sunday, June 18, 2006

A whole lotta shakin' goin' on...

I have a lot of irons in (or about to be in) the house project fire over here. I sanded, primed, and painted the back porch rails. I bleached, pressure washed, bleached and pressure washed again, the back deck. But it looks uneven in color, so I'll (after conferring with David, not-so-local paint guru) probably be going with a solid stain to cover up the uneveness in wood color.

Thats just the back porch project...

I actually have a couple other things going....

Tomorrow morning I'm going to Lowe's and buying a small, cheap tool storage shed. First I've got to clear the place I'm going to put it, then I've got to put the kit together on the spot. Then I'll fill it with some stuff.

I'm going to redo the whole garage. I was going to buy one of those large wooden storage buildings, but the cost is too prohibitive. So I'll use the little metal one for basic storage of a few things, (ex. pressure washer, weed-eater, air compressor, etc.) [Not the lawn mower, I am parking it under the truck camper-cover I have put up on two picnic tables.] Later, I'll probably buy some wooden posts and put them in the ground next to the little shed and put the cover on that and park the mower next to the shed.

So, here's the plan for the garage....I'm going to take EVERYTHING out of it. Everything...the 5 million pound metal cabinet and all. I'm going to take everything off the wall...everything comes out. I'm going to put it all behind my house, instead of the backyard to keep my neighbor from having a coronary.

I plan to buy some of that epoxy floor paint for the garage. You have to put some chemical on it first for a few days, (3) and then after you paint it, you have to wait like 10-14 days before you can park on it. But it looks really cool, and you put these little sprinkles on the paint with like a salt-shaker thing, and the floor looks glossy and you can mop it and about nothing sticks to it. They have several colors...but I'm thinking about going with the dark blue with white "sprinkles", and then after priming the garage walls, painting the bottom half of the walls the same tint of dark blue...probably from the ground up to about 4 feet...and then the rest white. I'm going to super organize the garage, and buy some cabinets and shelfs and put up ALOT more peg board. This is all the plan anyway.

Also, I may be repainting (at least pressure washing the front porch), I KNOW I will be pressure washing the trim after bleaching it. And we are even considering in the fall, redoing our master bedroom with pergo wood floor and new bedroom furniture.

So.....alot going on. Maybe I can use my new-found blog video powers to take you along for the ride. Oh and if you have any experience with these types of projects, your advice would be appreciated.

No comments: